Monday, January 13, 2014

A Character Sketch of Iris


Often depicted as a winged Goddess, holding a pitcher full of nectar.
The Rainbow is her main symbol.
Iris Goddess of the rainbow and messenger to the Gods. As Goddess of the rainbow she joined the human realm to the place of the Gods. She restored calm and balance to the forces of nature after a storm.
Origins and Genealogy: Her father was the Titan Thaumas and her mother was Electra.

Strengths: Faithful, loyal and a shape shifter.

Weaknesses: Defined by her role in life. No distant personality.





If I were to be given the chance to be a goddess, I think, Iris is the one. She really resembles my character and attitude, first because of she is a loyal and a faithful goddess. She is the one who delivers/relays messages to the other gods and also a shape shifter. Meaning, she is reliable and can be counted on when given responsibilities and obligations. A goddess who is easily to adapt and cope with her environment. She is also said to be paid to look after other people which is my forte, or rather looking after my nieces and nephews and of course the people around me. Ever since I was a kid, babysitting was part of my responsibilities, so I learned to enjoy it and somehow loved kids eventually.




I am sometimes a shape shifter, I tend to think of people's reaction if I do something which they don't like or what to do if someone would question/judge my rational being. So, I thought in that way people will like me, but I proved myself wrong. It is only by your true self and people will learn to appreciate you and finally accept you for who you are. It is also one way of showing what you're made of and your capabilities as a person.




Lastly, Iris is a servant who respects and obeys her master. And as for me, following God's commandments is one of the characters that I possess, by doing all things for His glory and for His kingdom.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." --Colossians 3:17

Photo Credits: Ciara Guzon
Sources: http://www.goddess-guide.com/iris.html


All Rights Reserved 2014 ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment